November 20, 2012

Thankful Thoughts, My First Linky Party

I am  thankful for so many things in life!  First I am thankful for my amazing family......
I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and three healthy children.  Life is Good!
 
 I am also thankful for my mom and dad.  Almost three years ago my dad went into the hospital the day after Christams and was immediately scheduled for  quadruple bypass surgery and valve replacement.  After about 6 months  of hospitals and doctors offices he slowly returned to his usual and crazy self.  I am thankful I have had three more years with him in my life. 
 
I am also thankful for those who put their lives on the line each and every day so that we can live in a free country. 
The Wounded Warrior project is an oranization that helps our military when they return home after sacrificing so much more than time away from their families.  If you would like to support this cause please click the picture above to be taken to the WW website. 
 
Last but not least I am thankful to work with six other amazing first grade teachers and title gals too!  We respect each others individual teaching styles, take care of each other in times of trouble, and give and take equally.  
 
One of those great gals is my blog partner Caroline.  If you have been following you know she has been MIA.  Well here's why ........
 
Caroline delivered a sweet baby boy about 5 weeks early due to issues with preclampsia.  The sweet LITTLE bundle that was born at 3 pounds 9 ounces is now at home and doing well and we are so thankful.
 
Well friends I am sure I could go on and on forever but those are the top 5 things that make me ever so thankful!
 
There's still time to link up with Lindsay and share your thankful thoughts.
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving Break Everyone!
~Alison

2 comments:

Katie Knight said...

You are both blessed indeed!

Unknown said...

My blog is Tales of a First Grade Teacher, I had to stop by due to the similarities in the name.
i am your newest follower.
I am having a giveaway. Stop by and check it out.
150 Follower Giveaway

Post a Comment